(Expecting fathers this is the perfect gift!)
Mantras for Mamas (Newly Released!)
This album is informed and inspired by my work with mothers over the past decade. Motherhood is filled with joys and challenges, and this album helps you see it all through the lens of love, honoring the entire spectrum. We are all mothers of some sort. We all contribute to creating our world, and some women are blessed to create life. If you are a mama, this album is meant to help you at every stage: pregnancy, birth and into motherhood. It will help you feel into yourself and realize that happiness isn’t found in the kind of day you are having, but inside your heart. Love, peace, joy are already yours. Mamas (and all of us), can be happy, steady, empowered and content.
While this album’s focus is on mothers, these mantras are universal and are meant to be enjoyed by everyone.
- Asatoma-Darkness to Light
- Purnamada-From Fullness to Fullness
- Hrim Shrim Klim-The Heart’s Dance
- Aham Prema-I am Divine Love
- Lalita Devi-Beauty Everywhere
- Lokah Samastah-Happy, Healthy, Free
I am grateful to the Divine Mother for inspiring and guiding this project. Big appreciation to all the students with whom I have had the honor of sharing this music. Kudos to friend and teacher, Michael H. Cohen (www.MikeCohenKirtan.com), marvelous producer, John McVey and talented mastering engineer Michael Fossenkemper who lovingly and skillfully helped me shape this music into an exquisite production. Finally, I bow to all of the talented Colorado artists that supported this project so deeply. My heart is filled with gratitude for my girls who sang this songs with me and to my husband, my rock who I am eternally devoted to. Thank you all!
This album features performances by per Michal H. Cohen (harmonium and vocals), Dawnia Dresser (vocals), Noah Rouse Wilson IV (dilruba and hammer dulcimer), James Hoskins (cello), Christian Teele (drums), Eric Moon (piano and organ) and Andy Skellenger (tabla). Lead vocals by Mindy Arbuckle. Choir vocals by Allie Beckmann, Michael H. Cohen, Dawnia Dresser, Chava Horowitz and Toni Marinkovich. All other instruments by John McVey. Big thanks to Michael H. Cohen and the Kirtan Leadership Institute (www.MikeCohenKirtan.com) for support and production consultation. Endless appreciation for my family, Brian, Zella and Kevra for believing in me and loving me through it all!
- Mindy Arbuckle – lead vocals, harmonium
- John McVey – percussion & synth programming, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, baritone electric guitar, bass, flute
- Andy Skellenger – table (1, 2, 3, 4, 6)
- Noah Rouse Wilson IV – dilruba (1, 5), hammer dulcimer (2), dotar (4), sitar (5)
- Dawnia Dresser – vocals (1, 2, 6)
- James Hoskins – cello (1, 3, 4, 6)
- Michael H. Cohen – harmonium (2, 3, 4, 6)
- Christian Teele – drums (3)
- Eric Moon – piano & Hammond organ (3)
- Tabla – Andy Skellenger
- Choir – Allie Beckmann, Michael H. Cohen, Dawnia Dresser, Chava Horowitz, Toni Marinkovich (3, 4)
Produced by John McVey at Cinder Sound Studio in Longmont, CO. Mastered by Michael Fossenkamper at TurtleTone Studio in New York City, NY. Cover photo by Zachary Lange.
All music composed by Mindy Arbuckle © 2019
© 2019, All rights reserved.